• Achieving long-term economic and human performance assumes that certain behaviours should be encouraged. Each person must be invited to go further, to take the initiative, to improve continuously and to show strong commitment towards the company
• Trust is a key ingredient for bringing about these changes in behaviour and ensuring such level of commitment
• Trust is also a major lever in allowing the company to create a unique network with its clients, suppliers and outside partners
We decided to submit these ideas to our clients, so that they can bring the pragmatic and critical insight and help us to identify the ingredients that help to generate trust.
We have now spent over five years on applied research on trust, working closely with our clients who play a major role in this process.
The work goes on...
• Back in 2002, we created the "Raphael Club", consisting of about ten executives from major groups: Arcelor, PSA, Aventis-Pasteur, EADS, DCNS, EDF, Eramet, Ineo Suez, Thomson Multimedia and UCPA. This circle meets together regularly to address the following questions: What is the meaning of "trust" within the company? How can the climate of trust be measured? What action plans can help to strengthen the climate of trust?
• In 2004, to address the issue of trust between companies and their suppliers, we put together the "Regina Club" consisting of some twenty procurement VPs from major groups (Alstom, RATP, Schneider Electric, Renault, PSA, EADS, SAFRAN, Thalès, DCNS, Dassault Aviation, Faurecia...) The circle has met regularly to address the following questions: What benefits does trust give to the client and supplier? In which context is it particularly relevant? How can the level of trust between client and supplier be measured? On what levers can one lean to build trust with key suppliers? And so on...
• These clubs have allowed us to build approaches and methodology tools that allow major transformation projects to be undertaken and in its relationship with outside partners in reaching exceptional levels of performance and in creating unique and long-lasting competitive advantages.